Here is a glimpse of the many fun things Maine, and most of New England, have to offer this time of year. We hope it gives you some ideas and inspiration!
- Eat Lobster WHILE YOU STILL CAN – for many lobster restaurants, Columbus Day weekend marks the close of the season. Some stay open with shorter hours, so get your lobster fix soon! We recommend the Haraseeket Lunch and Lobster in Freeport or Reds Eats in Wiscasset.
- Enjoy a hike – from easy to advanced, Boston Magazine published a great list of hikes for every level. Click here to check it out. Acadia National Park isn’t bad this time of year either.
- Pick some apples – this is truly the perfect family activity for any weekend. Most of the apple orchards offer wagon rides and even donuts. You will come away with a delicious stash of apples to enjoy plain, or make something new!
- Visit a farm or fair – so many farms offer wonderful activities this time of year. From pumpkin picking to craft fairs to hay rides (and always animal petting), we highly recommend our local favorite Wolfe’s Neck Farm.
- For more inspiration, any time of year, please visit the websites of our friends at the Maine Tourism Association and Freeport USA.